THE 9th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON BIOSCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY (ICBB)
in Bali, Indonesia
September 20th-22nd, 2018
Bioscience and Biotechnology for Sustainable Development
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Bioscience and biotechnology are the multidisciplinary nature and vast range of scientific approaches. Their innovations are already underpinning the sustainable development of agriculture, forestry, fisheries, veterinary, animal husbandry, health, medicine, and other primary product related industries. They play as pivotal roles in gaining climate change mitigation and adaptation (e.g. pollution prevention, bioremediation), global food security (e.g. creating more nutrient efficient and drought tolerant crops), pharmaceuticals, renewable raw materials and energy (e.g. recycling and hazardous waste disposal), and overall livelihood of human beings.
The success of biotechnology to promote the development of sustainable applications of biotechnology depends on institutional supports that encourage public and private sectors to collaborate in efforts to address the sustainability issues to local needs. Therefore, the International Conference in Bioscience and Biotechnology of Udayana University facilitate the appropriate annual conference and a workshop on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) for Metagenomic studies to present the latest research findings, share ideas and knowledge in the various bioscience and biotechnology fields.
The conference provides an ideal academic platform for research institutions, government, academy and industry scientists to discuss the latest advances in biotechnology and opportunities to establish multilateral collaborations and enhance the welfare of human beings. This conference and workshop are also held in order to celebrate the 56th anniversary of Udayana University and the 51st anniversary of Faculty of Agriculture Udayana University.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Application of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Illumina Technology on Metagenomic Research
The aim of the workshop is to explore the instruments utility of Next Generation Sequencing Illumina Technology on Metagenomics Research. The workshop materials cover the introduction of the NSG Illumina Technology with its portfolio instruments, workflows of metagenomic sample analysis from isolation quality check and machine operation until data analysis and interpretation of bioinformatics software.
Around 250 participants are expected to attend the conference and 30 participants for the workshop within their home base of:
- Scholars (scientists, lecturers, students) who have embraced the interdisciplinary fields of bioscience and biotechnology (gene technology, agriculture, health and medicine, molecular biology, bio-economic, forestry, maritime affairs and fisheries, veterinary and husbandry)
- Government and practitioners who have been involved in the field of bioscience and biotechnology and sustainable developments.
- General participants
- Prof. Dewa Ngurah Suprapta, Ph.D (Professor and Chairman of Udayana University Senate, Bali, Indonesia)
- Mutsuaki Suzuki, Ph.D (Director of National Institute of Genetics, Japan)
- Prof. Hee-Wan Kang, Ph.D (Hankyong National University, Korea)
- Prof. Dr. Deuk-Hwan Lee (Hankyong National University, Korea)
- Kota Katayama, Ph.D (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan)
- Daichi Yamada, Ph.D (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan)
- Prof. I Komang Damar Jaya, Ph.D. (Mataram University, Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Kuniaki Yamashita (JSPS Coordinator of South East Asia in Bangkok)
- Prof. Dr. Ryota Sakamoto (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Achmadi Priyatmojo, M.Sc. (Faculty of Agriculture of Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia)
- Prof. Masahiro Nogawa, Ph.D. (Shinsu University, Japan)
- Dr. Ramona Maggini (Queensland University of Technology, Australia)
- Prof. Koki Homma (Tohoku University, Japan)
- I Putu Sudiarta, S.P., M.Si., Ph.D. (Udayana University, Indonesia)
Call for Papers
Abstract submission: July 16th, 2018 extend to August 20th, 2018 (Closed)
Acceptance of abstract: July 20th, 2018 extend to August 30th, 2018
Full Paper Submission: August 13th, 2018 extend to August 31th, 2018
Registration Deadline: August 20th , 2018 extend to August 31th, 2018
Conference: September 20th -21st, 2018
Workshop: September 21st -22nd, 2018
Abstract must be submitted electronically in a DOC (*.doc or docx), of size less than 2MB (see the MS Word template).
Abstract Template ICBB 2018: abstract-template-icbb-2018
Poster Template ICBB 2018: poster-template-icbb-2018
Presentation and Publication
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their paper to the editorial boards of International Journal of Bioscience and Biotechnology (IJBB).
To submit your papers please click this following link.
• Papers must be submitted in a .pdf file or MS Word file format.
• File size cannot exceed 20MB. Check image resolution or compress images before saving the file as .pdf.
• Check that all fonts are converted properly when the .pdf is created.
• Please be sure to list author names in the First Name Last Name format. (Ex. Jared Jones, Ruby Smith)
Full Paper Template ICBB 2018: full-paper-template-icbb-2018
|Registration type||Early Bird
(Before July 31th 2018)
(After July 31th 2018)
|Oral presenter||IDR 650.000||IDR 750.000|
|Poster presenter||IDR 400.000||IDR 500.000|
|Non presenter||IDR 400.000||IDR 500.000|
|Student||IDR 350.000||IDR 450.000|
|WORKSHOP||IDR 300.000||IDR 300.000|
Note: IDR: Indonesian Rupiah, USD: United States Dollar
- The conference fee includes full participation in the conference, certificate, conference kits, coffee breaks, lunch
- Fee for publication: IDR 1.500.000 (Approximately USD 150). This fee is paid after paper has been accepted by the editorial board
- Fee for proceeding: IDR 400.000
• Your registration is valid after transferring the registration fee to:
BANK BNI CABANG DENPASAR
Account no : 0496717330
Account name : Ir. Ni Nyoman Ari Mayadewi, MP.
SWIFT code : BNINIDJADPS
• Payment can be done through bank teller/internet banking (no payment through ATM). Please write “Name of Participant-ICBB 2018” on the payment slip.
• Please attached payment slip to registration form.
- Click Participants List for view registered participants
- Click Registration Form for registering author
- Don’t have Email Google Mail/Support Google Mail? registration with Email Registration Form
- Click Registration Form Example for view fill in form
Conference Secretariat (Contacts)
Keswari Krisnandika, M.Si.
Country Calling Phone: +62857–4131–9750
Ni Wayan Febriana Utami, M.Si.
Country Calling Phone: +62813-1397–0677
Nearest hotels from the conference venue is listed as below:
Hotel Grand Santhi (+62-361-224183)
Hotel Puri Ayu (+62-361-228959)
Hotel Grand Bali Beach (+62-361-288511)
Sanur Paradise Hotel (+62-361-281781)
Alit Hotel (+62-361-288567)
An invitation is extended to the Committee to stay at Alit Hotel with the costs from IDR 450.000 to IDR 650.000 including breakfast
The Conference will be held on 20-21 September 2018 and the Workshop on Metagenomic will be conducted on 22-23 September 2018. The Conference and Workshop will be held in the Graduate Building of Udayana University, 3F, Jl. P.B. Sudirman, Denpasar, BALI – INDONESIA
Asia-Oceania Bioscience and Biotechnology Association
Faculty of Agriculture, Udayana University and Central Laboratory of Genetic Resources and Molecular Biology, Udayana University
PT. Pandu Biosains
Indonesian Biotechnology Consortium
Perhimpunan Fitopatologi Indonesia Komda Bali
Akita University, Japan
Yamaguchi University, Japan
PT. Genetika Science Indonesia
PT. Laborindo Sarana