ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Bioscience and biotechnology are the multidisciplinary nature and vast range of scientific approaches. Their innovations are already underpinning the sustainable development of agriculture, forestry, fisheries, veterinary, animal husbandry, health, medicine, and other primary product related industries. They play as pivotal roles in gaining climate change mitigation and adaptation (e.g. pollution prevention, bioremediation), global food security (e.g. creating more nutrient efficient and drought tolerant crops), pharmaceuticals, renewable raw materials and energy (e.g. recycling and hazardous waste disposal), and overall livelihood of human beings.
The success of biotechnology to promote the development of sustainable applications of biotechnology depends on institutional supports that encourage public and private sectors to collaborate in efforts to address the sustainability issues to local needs. Therefore, the International Conference in Bioscience and Biotechnology of Udayana University facilitate the appropriate annual conference and a workshop on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) for Metagenomic studies to present the latest research findings, share ideas and knowledge in the various bioscience and biotechnology fields.
The conference provides an ideal academic platform for research institutions, government, academy and industry scientists to discuss the latest advances in biotechnology and opportunities to establish multilateral collaborations and enhance the welfare of human beings. This conference and workshop are also held in order to celebrate the 56th anniversary of Udayana University and the 51st anniversary of Faculty of Agriculture Udayana University.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Application of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Illumina Technology on Metagenomic Research
The aim of the workshop is to explore the instruments utility of Next Generation Sequencing Illumina Technology on Metagenomics Research. The workshop materials cover the introduction of the NSG Illumina Technology with its portfolio instruments, workflows of metagenomic sample analysis from isolation quality check and machine operation until data analysis and interpretation of bioinformatics software.
Around 250 participants are expected to attend the conference and 30 participants for the workshop within their home base of:
- Scholars (scientists, lecturers, students) who have embraced the interdisciplinary fields of bioscience and biotechnology (gene technology, agriculture, health and medicine, molecular biology, bio-economic, forestry, maritime affairs and fisheries, veterinary and husbandry)
- Government and practitioners who have been involved in the field of bioscience and biotechnology and sustainable developments.
- General participants
- Prof. Dewa Ngurah Suprapta, Ph.D (Professor and Chairman of Udayana University Senate, Bali, Indonesia)
- Mutsuaki Suzuki, Ph.D (Director of National Institute of Genetics, Japan)
- Prof. Hee-Wan Kan, Ph.D (Hankyong National University, Korea)
- Prof. Dr. Deuk-Hwan Lee (Hankyong National University, Korea)
- Kota Katayama, Ph.D (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan)
- Daichi Yamada, Ph.D (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan)
- Prof. I Komang Damar Jaya, Ph.D. (Mataram University, Indonesia)
- Prof. Bahagiawati, Ph.D (BB Biogen, Bogor, Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Kuniaki Yamashita (JSPS Coordinator of South East Asia in Bangkok)
- Prof. Dr. Ryota Sakamoto (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Prof. Dr. A. Priyatmo (Faculty of Agriculture of Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Sachiko Takahi (Akita University, Japan)
- Prof. Masahiro Nogawa, Ph.D. (Shinsu University, Japan)
- Dr. Ramona Maggini (Queensland University of Technology, Australia)
- Prof. Koki Homma (Tohoku University, Japan)
- I Putu Sudiarta, S.P., M.Si., Ph.D. (Udayana University, Indonesia)